Thursday, April 7, 2011

Deeper Understanding

http://www.youtube.com/user/KateBushMusic

She's nuts. I love her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'm doing a new dance class on Saturday - Jazz, Funk, Hip Hop.
Will be a challenge for me. Particularly as I was almost 30 when I started dancing - and belly dance is in tune with, and respects a woman's body - it's natural - whereas these forms aren't quite so natural! I'm not always that good with flow. I'm looking forward to it though. I've also enrolled in a Beyonce "Single Ladies" dance workshop - that sounds like fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'm not enjoying choir as much as I want to. The choir itself is excellent - the right size, the right standard - I haven't made any friends yet, which I tend to struggle with in any case - but still, they're good. It's the musical director - he's a technical genius, complete with PhD - but he's missing something. The ability to connect with and inspire the group - it's just not there - the energy is missing. And having been in plenty of choirs, it's easy to pick it - you feel it - you feel drawn to the conductor when they're good - it's mesmerising. This dude ain't got it - and it's a pity. Also - I'm not loving all the music for the upcoming concert - some of it is wonderful - but there's this one long piece that, if I had to be in the audience, I'd get bored with a third of the way through. It's not just the morbid death theme, you do have to be audience-aware, and most audiences won't want to sit through a 25min Requiem that isn't at all known.
Anyway. Here are some of the nice ones we're doing:

1
2
3

And here's something totally different, with just as wonderful harmonies:
4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went almost 6 weeks and yesterday my period came - really painfully.
It just didn't take. Not viable. We'll keep trying. I'm not enjoying this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm doing my own head in - over-thinking everything - as always. Gawd it drives me nuts. I wish I knew how to turn it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment