Monday, March 14, 2011

Soundtrack...

Name a song that you've listened to in the past 24 hours

Still in my head as I was listening to it while driving home from work today - Plan B's cover of Kanye's Runaway

It's funny and brilliant :-)


What's the first album you bought with your own money?

Hmm - first single was Radiohead's Creep. Not sure about album - it was possible Kate Bush or Tori Amos.

Name a song that makes you smile

This

If you were to portray someone in a rock biopic, who would it be?

See - I'm limited by my looks - who looks like me? Although then again - if Cate Blanchett could successfully be Bob Dylan, I'm sure I can be anyone!

Name three songs you love that you wish others knew, but probably don't

In California - Joanna Newsom.
I am desperate for sheet music but can only find tabs online. I wish she'd publish sheet music like Tori Amos does - plenty of geeky girls like me are dying to play her wonderful compositions on our pianos.

to spend my life in spitting distance
of the love that i have known
i must stay here
in an endless eveningtide


This Woman's Work, Moments of Pleasure - Kate Bush
Two songs, both genius. Both very female stories of hurt and resilience.

Just being alive
It can really hurt
And these moments given
Are a gift from time


Hyperballad (Brodsky quartet) - Bjork
The song is well known - but this version is amazing! I love how the strings capture her story - and I love the story itself.

i go through all this - before you wake up
so I can feel happier - to be safe up here with you


What was the last concert you attended?

The Future Music Festival just two days ago - and did I ever feel old!

What's your favorite 80's song?

This is a hard one to pick - so I won't choose a favourite - I'll just pick this one.

Name a song always makes you feel weepy

This

Is there a song you associate with your first kiss?

No. Because it was crap and I was drunk. And it was a very long time before I was kissed properly.

Do you recall what you were listening to the first time you drank alcohol?

Again - no - although I don't know the first time I drank alcohol - I was always sipping my dad's wine.

Name an album that's guaranteed to get a person laid

Jeff Buckley - most definitely.
But right now - this song will do.

What song would you be happy to never hear again?

Hmmm - a lot of things on Hubby's ipod! :-)

Name a song that always takes you back

Takes me back to what? One that takes me back to a difficult state that I was in when I was younger is George's Special Ones.

Whose music do you want played at your funeral?

Frank Sinatra's "My Way" couldn't have been more perfect at my father-in-law's funeral - that song was him. Same with the beautiful "Hail Mary, Gentle Woman" at my aunt's funeral last year(which I sang).

It's all feeling a little close at the moment, and I can't really contemplate my own, but I hope that my decendants can choose something which captures my life as well as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment