Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 08 - Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.

Hmm, not too easy to answer. I have to say I've had issues with various people in the past - stomping on me, claiming my work as their own etc. But you know, I do now recognise that part of it is me. I didn't speak up, I didn't self-promote, I didn't make the right connections and relationships.

While I think I'm better at it now, I'll never be a natural, and I'll always feel a little overlooked and hard done by.

I need to continue to know:
- If you can't beat them, join them (particularly if I'm feeling jealous or if someone is too smart for me to dominate).
- I'm playing a different game (I'm not really in competition with anyone - no one is like me).

People, on the whole, however, are generally nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment