Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thirty Days of Truth: Day 1 - Something you hate about yourself

Am borrowing this clever idea from April.
Memes are useful for sparking me to write and think and I often have trouble know where to start when I write.

The list of questions are here.

I hate that I suck at being a normal friend.

It's true, I'm socially demented. I'm not shy, I'm not unpopular - in fact, I'm probably the opposite of both. I make friends easily and have a solid group of long term friends, but I'm not very good at fostering those day-to-day relationships.

I get jealous really easily when I feel I like someone more than they like me and when they seem to like someone else more than me.

I feel weird and uncomfortable asking people to hang out with me, one on one (as if I'm a 5 year old saying "do you want to be my friend?") even though I have no trouble hanging around and talking to anyone.

I feel like I'm always on the periphery looking in.
A loner who can't stand being alone.

I hate that I'm 31 and still haven't developed basic playground skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment