Friday, February 18, 2011

Thirty Day of Truth: Day 2 - Something you love about yourself

This will sound very vain, but I love my face.

Don't get me wrong - I see plenty of flaws and there's no way I can compete with youth, but I like my face - including all lines, dimples, freckles and scars. I've grown into it and feel far prettier at 31 than at 21, even though I know I'm not.

I even love my temperamental hair.

I have dramatic, expressive eyes (so I'm told) and I love playing with eye make-up. I love my defined cheekbones, well-shaped nose, high forehead and full mouth.

I know I should pick my quick mind, my broad talents, my many achievements, my deep ability to love, my sense of resilience etc. But I'm not choosing any of those, even though I probably should.

Despite everything I've fought for and worked on and pushed myself to achieve, my face has given me more opportunities than anything else.

And I love that I'm not afraid to admit that.

No comments:

Post a Comment